Sunday 3 January 2016

The Infinite Sea by Rick Yancey

Hey Guys,

Two posts in one day. What has this new schedule done to me? I'm a blog tyrant. Once again I won't make a really long intro so you guys can read the review and be done with it so in we go.

Theres not much I can say about this as it is the second book in a series. I can only recommend that you pick up book 1 The 5th wave and give it a go.

Overall I give this book a 4/5 stars it wasn't as good as the first one but still really good.


Click Read More to find out my spoilery thoughts. so good bye if you haven't read it. see you soon xx

The only thing I had a major problem with was the immensely long Ringer chapter towards the end. Don't get me wrong I didn't mind the chapter though it was a bit long and wafflely.
Most of the chapter is just Ringer sitting in bed being ill, the minor twist with Razor, when he tricked her into escaping, and it was just a test to see if her, enhancements worked.
OK the major twist that really caught me of guard was that scene where we realise that there are in fact no aliens on earth and the people we thought were aliens are just enhanced and think they're aliens.
I'm really confused about Razor, because we meet him and he gains our and Ringers trust. I quite liked him, and was happy to see Ringer have fun with someone. Then he says that he only helped her escape to test her enhancement. Then there's that hot make out scene at the warehouse, then he gets shot on that plane.
I'm nervous because Ringer is heading south to meet everyone else but every one else went east.
We didn't get very much from Cassie's point of view, which kind of surprised me.
There were a lot of unexplained things, like how they tricked the enhancements, and the actual 5th wave was underwhelming even though it was the premises of the first book.
It wasn't as good as the first one, it was a bit short but I still enjoyed and it left good lift offs for book three (The Last Star comes out 24th may 2016)
Bye xx
- A

No comments:

Post a Comment