Sunday 21 February 2016

The Young Elites by Marie Lu

Hey guys,

I know another review, I'm just trying to get on top of everything. So also today I'm going to be reviewing The Young Elites by Marie Lu. Let's begin...

I absolutly flew through this book, I wouldn't say I loved it yet but I might when things have sunk in. I started it last night, then read until like 1am, then I finished it this morning, and it was fabulous.

It's a lot darker than what I expected, and it came off differently to how I imagined it would. However, it was still really good, just different.
The characters were really wierd and we didn't learn much about any of them but the main character. The main character is called Adelina Amouteru, she is a malfetto (someone affected by the blood fever) but she finds out that she is also a Yound Elite. that's all I'm going to tell you, it's interesting to read it with out knowing much, because it surprises you more.

This is the first book I've read in a while where I preferes the side characters to the main character. But, this only happened to a certain extent.






So that is once again all for this particular non-spoiler post. Soryy if the intro felt a little short but I'm bursting to get to the spoilers. And, do I need to remind you agian, go pick up Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys, and watch out for our corrosponding review at the end of the month.
If you haven't read the book, and don't want to be spoiled, than stop. If you have, join me on the quest forwards into the spoilers.

Welcome to my (fill blank) of spoilers...

The first thing that hit me was the writing, it's in present tense. It has been so long since I read or wrote in present tense. I really enjoyed it, it made the situations more real.

We meet Adelina, who wants to escape, becuase of her father. When we first met I sympathised with her, and I wanted her to be happy. But, throughout the procession of the book my like and sympathy for her kind of dwindled and slowly began to die.

I really liked the cool powers the young elites had, they were all so cool. My favourite was probably Enzo and his fire. I really like fire magic, probably because of throne of glass. I don't really get the problem with Dante, he kind of just showed up, began to be mean and sneer then he died. One thing I din't like was how willingly Adelina gave in to Teren.

Her 'growing darkness' really worried me, because as much as I didn't really like her; I wanted her to be happy and have friends. I loved Raffeale, He seemed like the type of person I would love to hang out with, and be my friend. I know he didn't trust Adelina but I fully trusted and liked him. Adelina's relationship with Enzo felt kind of false. He obviously still loved Daphne.

The final battle was crazy. There was loads going on, everyone was playing a part. I do like how Adelina helped out in that situation, though she did partake in the killing of Enzo. I know it was indirect and an accident but she did help. I did quite like Enzo, he might have been an addition to the boyfriend list.

That is all. I am on top of all my reveiws, for now. I'm excited to read book two; the rose society, and tell you guys all about it. So that is all for today, I might see you tomorow...

-A

(apologies for spelling and grammar mistakes, I can't be bothered to proof-read right now)

No comments:

Post a Comment